It has been officially announced that Applus+ Technologies Inc. a world leader in vehicle emission inspections has been appointed as the new program management contractor for the State of Georgia vehicle emissions testing program. Applus+ Technologies a member of the Applus+ group has been awarded this 5 year contract with the Environmental Protection Division (EPD) by the State of Georgia Department of Natural Resources.
Applus+ has served as a subcontractor in the Georgia Clean Air Force (GCAF) program since 1996, providing auditing, waiver and referee services. This award serves as a tremendous testimony to the confidence the EPD has in Applus+ to deliver both the services we currently provide, as well as our capability to provide many additional services going forward,” said Darrin Greene, Chief Executive Officer of Applus+ Technologies. “We are thrilled to continue serving the EPD, stations, inspectors and motorists in Georgia and to protecting the excellent reputation of the Georgia’s Clean Air Force (“GCAF”) brand.”
Under the new contract Applus+ will provide a number of additional services such as:
- Data System Design & Development, including the Vehicle Information Database (“VID”) and the administrative, auditing and reporting applications
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control, Auditing & Enforcement Tracking
- Public Information & Consumer Protection services
- Call Center Help Desk Support
- Station Certification & Training
- Customer Service Centers, to support the issuance of program waivers, exemptions, extensions & referee tests
- Administrative Fees & Certificate Distribution & Reporting
Applus+ innovation in data management and interactive software applications will greatly streamline the State's oversight responsibilities, and assure program integrity through the stringent, built in anti-fraud features. The new program will go live in January 1, 2014.